Chicago Children’s Museum offers discounted field trips to 501(c)3 organizations serving low-income families and schools with 80% or more of their students approved for free and reduced price meals (as cited by the Illinois State Board of Education for the 2015-2016 school year).
Field Trip groups are welcomed between 10 am - 3pm, 7 days a week, year-round. Dates and times of visits are granted based on availability.
Field Trips include:
- Group orientation
- Two hours to explore the museum, including access to special programs during your visit
- Planning Materials and Chaperone Guides
Cost: $150 per group of 18 – 50, additional guests pay $14/person
- Must be located in Chicago, Illinois
- Schools and child care centers must have 80% or more students eligible for free or reduced priced school meals
- Community-based organizations must have 501(c)3 nonprofit status and must serve a population consisting of 50% or more families earning a yearly income of $35,000 or less as cited by Heartland Alliance’s poverty data by neighborhood
To apply, group leaders must provide the following information:
- Apply Here
- IRS determination letter for organizations
- Desired trip dates and times
- Number of people (minimum 18)
- Payment information
Submission of an application does not confirm your visit.
Questions? Call (312) 464-8249.