Chicago Children’s Museum offers free field trips to 501(c) 3 organizations serving low-income families and schools with 95% or more of their students approved for free and reduced priced meals (as cited by the Illinois Department of Education).
Field Trip groups are welcomed between 10 am - 3 pm, daily and starting at 5 pm on Thursdays.
Field Trips include:
- Group orientation
- Two hours to explore the museum, including access to special programs during your visit
- Planning Materials and Chaperone Guides
- Must be located in Chicago, Illinois
- Schools and child care centers must have 95% or more students eligible for free or reduced priced school meals
- Child care centers must have 60% or more children enrolled in the childcare assistance program
- Community-based organizations must have 501(c)3 nonprofit status and must serve a population consisting of 60% or more families earning a yearly income of $35,000 or less
To apply, group leaders must provide the following information:
- Completed Application
- IRS determination letter for organizations
- Percentage of children participating in free/reduced meal program or Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for schools
- Desired trip dates and times
- Number of people (minimum 18)
- Payment information
Spaced is limited. Incomplete applications or applicants that do not meet all eligibility requirements will not be considered for this program. Group leaders will be notified of status within two weeks of submitting the application.
Applications must be submitted within the application deadlines stated below, and at least one month prior to field trip date.
Fall: For field trips through October 31, submit applications September 1 - September 20, 2013
Winter: For field trips through January 31, submit applications September 1 - October 31, 2013
Spring: For field trips February 1 through May 31, submit applications January 1 - February 28, 2014
We are now accepting Fall field trip applications!
Questions? Call (312) 464-8249.