Made in Chicago Presents:
Chicago Crosstown Youth Performers
Invitation and sign up form
History and Rationale:
Chicago Children’s Museum’s Made in Chicago (MIC) was developed to provide visitors with exposure to the performing arts “for Chicago by Chicago.” Building on the success of the program and community-building expertise, we are expanding the program to include a partnership level for relevant performing groups who work directly with children. Many groups on our roster, including yours, have had a long history of working with the museum; we would like to expand this great relationship through the Chicago Crosstown Youth Performers Program.
Through this new program, we aim to increase access to the services we provide through these established relationships and contribute to the development of community among performers by linking our partners to each other with Chicago Children’s Museum as common gathering location.
2017 Chicago Crosstown Youth Performers Partnership Benefits:
- Free bus to transport performers (and caregivers) from their local venue to CCM for the date of their performance event. (Up to 50 People on bus.)
- Free bus for performers (and caregivers) to become the audience and attend one MIC performance event other than their own. (Up to 50 people on bus.)
- One free admission pass per performer to the museum at a later date of your choice. (Pass is good for 4 people)
- Ten free admission passes for the performance group leader to distribute in the community. Leaders are encouraged to use them in raffles that support their work or distribute them to performance members unable to join the MIC event.
- A Featured spot in CCM’s e-newsletter: Play Matters, distributed to over 2,000 subscribers.
- Community Partner Information Package, which includes:
- Museums for All (MFA) access program for families receiving WIC or SNAP benefits.
- Play for All (PFA) program for children and families with disabilities to experience CCM’s inclusive, multisensory exhibits and programs.
- CCM Field Trips.
- A Let’s Play presentation for agency staff, parents, and caregivers.
Chicago Crosstown Youth Performers Requirements:
- Commitment to participate in MIC as agreed upon in the MIC partner contract (Letter of Agreement).
- Complete the Audience Scheduling Form linked below to schedule partnership exchanges between fellow partners and to receive above benefits.
- A limited number of buses are available. Book your audience visit day by October 31st 2017. Provide contact details for any performing groups you recommend to attend and view your performance.
- As available, provide contact details for individual (s)/community leader (s) who would be able to connect families to Chicago Children’s Museum’s and help support the success of the program (on the form).
Made in Chicago Performance Schedule
Made In Chicago Performance Dates
Made In Chicago Themes & Partners
Schedule is subject to change. Partners listed have either been scheduled or are listed based on past yearly schedules.
# of MIC performance spots available: Performance spots are booked on a first-come-first-served basis.
|October 6th 2016||Cultural Organization | Mexican Folkloric Dance Company||1|
|November 3rd 2016||
William Buchholtz – Native American Flutist
Cultural Organization | CPS T7 Native Youth
|December 1st 2016||Youth Musicians | Intonations Music Workshop||1|
|January 5th 2017||Youth Cultural Organization | Microphone Misfitz & Their Youth Hip Hop Dancers||1|
|February 2nd 2017||
Youth Dance Group | Mayfaire Performing Company
|March 2nd 2017||
Youth Ballet & Dance | Hubbard Street Dance Company
Mongolian Contortion - Youth Body Movement Artists
|April 6th 2017||Elementary School Performing Groups &/or Cultural Organizations||
|May 4th 2017||
Elementary School Performing Groups &/or Cultural Organizations
Youth Dance Group | Hyde Park School of Dance
|June 1st 2017||Open MIC - CCM Visitors are invited to the use the live mic!||1|
|July 7th 2017||
The Clementines (Youth Folk Band)
|August 3rd 2017||Youth Culture Club or Organization||2|
August 31st 2017
|Instrument Petting Zoo||0|
|October 5th 2017||Cultural Organization | Mexican Folkloric Dance Company||1|
|November 2nd 2017||
|December 7th 2017||Intonation Music Workshop||1|