Playing with Numbers (PWN) is a selective, intensive professional development program for K-1 CPS and charter school educators. Designed by Chicago Children’s Museum’s education experts, PWN provides teachers with engaging instructional strategies to introduce, reinforce and deepen the understanding of grade-level math concepts through innovative classroom activities, math work stations, and children’s literature.
Playing with Numbers benefits include:
- Free Professional Development. All workshops will take place at CCM and be facilitated by education staff.
- Plentiful resources and materials—including professional texts, children’s literature and math manipulatives—all provided by CCM, which allow educators to immediately implement new strategies into their classrooms.
- One FREE field trip to CCM. Bus, materials and field trip lesson included.
- Parking reimbursement and hospitality for all workshops at CCM.
- Support and expertise of a museum educator throughout the school year.
- 30 CPDUs for full program completion, includes workshops and meetings.
- College/Lane Credit available.
Playing with Numbers includes:
- Six intensive PWN workshops (3 hours each), hosted at CCM (all sessions are held on Saturdays 9am - noon).
- Monthly collaboration/reflective practice meetings with your school team.
- A field trip to Chicago Children’s Museum, transportation included.
- Participation in all program component mandatory.
Apply for an opportunity to better:
- integrate literature and math instruction.
- gather ideas for implementing, managing and designing math work stations in your classroom.
- participate in an engaging, reflective learning community in your school!