Chicago Children’s Museum is proud to offer free field trips and transportation to Chicago based low-income schools and organizations. Scholarships are granted to 501c3 organizations serving low-income families and schools with 95% or more of their students approved for free and reduced price meals (as cited by the Illinois State Board of Education for the 2015-2016 school year).
Field Trip groups are welcomed between 10 am - 3 pm, daily and starting at 5 pm on Thursdays. Dates and times of visits are subject to availability.
Field Trips include:
- Group orientation
- Two hours to explore the museum, including access to special programs during your visit
- Planning Materials and Chaperone Guides
- Must be located in Chicago, Illinois
- Schools and child care centers must have 95% or more students eligible for free or reduced priced school meals
- Community-based organizations must have 501(c)3 nonprofit status and must serve a population consisting of 60% or more families earning a yearly income of $35,000 or less as cited by Heartland Alliance’s poverty data by neighborhood
To apply, group leaders must provide the following information:
Free field trip enrollment is now closed.
- IRS determination letter for organizations
- Desired trip dates and times
- Number of people (maximum 50)
- Please note, due to the high volume of requests, essay questions are heavily weighted in the determination process
Spaced is limited. Incomplete applications or applicants that do not meet all eligibility requirements will not be considered for this program. Group leaders will be notified of status within two weeks of submitting the application.
Applications must be submitted within the application deadlines stated below, and at least one month prior to field trip date.
- Registration opens December 1, 2016 for trips between January 1 – March 31, 2017
- Registration opens March 1, 2017 for trips between April 1 – May 31, 2017
Questions? Call (312) 464-8249.