It’s easy to get to Chicago Children’s Museum, whether you’re walking, driving, or taking public transportation!
Located at Navy Pier
700 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611-3428
- From the north, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) to the Grand Avenue exit.
- From the northwest, take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) to the Ohio Street Exit, south on Orleans to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the west, take the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) to Columbus Drive, north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the southwest, take the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41), north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the south, take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/94) east to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55) to Lake Shore Drive (US 41), north to Illinois Street and proceed east.
- From the southeast, take Lake Shore Drive (US 41) north to the Illinois Street exit.
By Public Transportation
Metra commuter rail is a convenient travel alternative. On weekends and select holidays, up to 3 children under 12 travel free when accompanied by a fare-paying adult. The CTA's #124 bus provides convenient and direct service from Ogilvie Transportation Center and Union Station to Navy Pier. For Metra fare and schedule information visit www.metrarail.com, or call (312) 836-7000.
By City Bus
The CTA provides seven bus lines with more than 200 buses serving Navy Pier daily:
- #29 State St
- #65 Grand Ave
- #66 Chicago Ave
- #124 Navy Pier Express (serving METRA lines, Millennium Park/Randolph St., Ogilvie and Union Stations)
During weekday rush hours, the following bus runs every fifteen minutes from 9 am to 12am throughout the summer and 9am to 10pm the rest of the year:
- #2 Hyde Park Express (stops running at 9:10pm)
For more information, call the CTA at (312) 836-7000 or visit www.transitchicago.com.
The Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) includes the CTA, Metra and Pace bus system. The RTA serves the Chicagoland region and provides a variety of different routes directly to Navy Pier. Click here to find the best way to Navy Pier using the RTA system.
Navy Pier has three convenient taxi drop-off and pick-up points. One is at the west end of Navy Pier, serving Dock Street and the Family Pavilion. At the mid-point, Entrance 1 serves the west end of Festival Hall, RIVA, and WBEZ Radio. Entrance 2 serves the east end of Festival Hall, the Grand Ballroom and the Navy Pier Beer Garden.
By Sightseeing Bus
Three sightseeing bus lines stop and pick up at Navy Pier's front entrance. They include American Sightseeing and Gray Line Chicago, (312) 251-3100/3107; and Chicago Trolley Company, (312) 663-0260.
During the summer months, Shoreline Sightseeing operates several 42-seat water taxi boats between Navy Pier and the Museum Campus. In addition, a Shoreline Shuttle taxi service operates between the Pier and the Loop (near Sears Tower and Adams Street) via the Chicago River. Daily shuttle service operates from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. All-day taxi passes and special group rates are available. For more information, call (312) 222-9328.